Do you like to write poems or short stories? If so, we want to hear from you.
The Camp Bowen Society and the Bowen Island Accessibility Group are seeking short story or poetry submissions for a writing challenge. Submissions are open in four community categories:
- Bowen Island children and youth ages 3 to 18
- Bowen Island adults ages 19+
- Blind, low vision, or Deafblind children and youth ages 3 to 18 from across Canada
- Blind, low vision, or Deafblind adults ages 19+ from across Canada
All stories will be included in one of four freely distributed ebooks based on their community category. The rules are as follows:
- Keep it family friendly
- No plagiarism
- Keep any submissions 10,000 words or less
- Only one poem and one short story per submitter
Submitting before the April 30, 2020 deadline is easy. Just send your submissions along with your name, city, pen name (if different), age, and community category (from the above list) to <firstname.lastname@example.org> or send the same via the contact form at:
< a href="https://campbowen.ca/contact/" target="_blank">https://campbowen.ca/contact/
Entries in the children and youth category will be credited as first name, last initial, and age(e.g. “John S. – Age 7”), while adult entries will be credited as first and last name (e.g. “John Smith”). If you would like us to include your city, please let us know.
The Camp Bowen Team